Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday MOM!!!







Hello,
Today was my mom's birthday.. I decided last week sometime that I wanted to cook dinner instead of going out...it just seemed more personal or special..idk. So, I was watching Food Network and Ina Garten was cooking risotto and thought "OMG, this is totally mom! I should cook this for her..lol". I woke up early( Early for me :) ) and started to clean the house. I got ready and then ran errands. I went to Trader Joe's, for sunflowers, and then Target for her Danielle Steel book. I got everything done and was home just in time to beat my mom home and get ready to cook. I can admit that I was a little nervous to make risotto but I was willing to give it a shot. I cooked and this is what the menu consisted of:
-----Saffron, Asparagus, Pancetta Risotto
-----Caprese Salad
-----Sweet Baguette with butter
-----Iced tea
-----Pasta Prego Flour-less Chocolate Cake (With Raspberry sauce)
It all came out surprisingly well and she was extremely proud. I am so lucky to have a wonderful mom and decided that I must start thinking ahead for next year....something that will out-do my dinner this year..She said that "It's going to be so hard to improve/ top this..." I don't know, but I'm sure I'll think of something. ;)

1 comment: